How do we build biobased? What materials can be used and is it possible to grow your own pavilion? What rules and regulations do we need in order to be able to build a biodesigned city? Bluecitylab will dive into biobased construction during How to Biodesign #5!
How to Biodesign
Climate crisis asks for regenerative design. With the meetup series How to Biodesign, BlueCity Lab provides a platform for and by bioneers (pioneers in biodesign). Together with William Myers (curator, author, and teacher in Biodesign), they explore the opportunities from a systemic approach to raw material flows, making smart use of the latest knowledge and expertise about circular design, but also from biotechnology and biochemistry.
The monthly meet-ups facilitate interaction between bioneers who are already working and those who want to get started with biodesign and biofabrication, provide a platform for sharing stories and experiences and actively share knowledge, know-how and insights from the meetups to a broader audience.
This month’s speakers
- Pascal Lebouqc – Company New Heroes
What to expect?
- An interactive meetup where we share inspiration, knowledge and know-how on a monthly theme
- A small group of people/bioneers: every guest has the possibility to contribute
- A chance to dig into the expertise of fellow bioneers.
- When? 19th of May 2020, 19:30 – 21:30
- Where? BlueCity Lab, Maasboulevard 100, Rotterdam
- Entrance is €6,50, tickets can be purchased here.