How do you grow mycelium grown textiles and create regenerative coloring using bacteria? How do they contribute to a local industry for textile production? Find out at How to Biodesign #4: Regenerative textiles for the greater good.
How to Biodesign
Climate crisis asks for regenerative design. With the meetup series How to Biodesign, BlueCity Lab provides a platform for and by bioneers (pioneers in biodesign). Together with William Myers (curator, author, and teacher in Biodesign), we explore the opportunities from a systemic approach to raw material flows, making smart use of the latest knowledge and expertise about circular design, but also from biotechnology and biochemistry.
The monthly meet-ups facilitate interaction between bioneers who are already working and those who want to get started with biodesign and biofabrication, provide a platform for sharing stories and experiences and actively share knowledge, know-how and insights from the meetups to a broader audience.
What to expect?
- An interactive meetup where we share inspiration, knowledge and know-how on a monthly theme
- A small group of people/bioneers: every guest has the possibility to contribute
- A chance to dig into the expertise of fellow bioneers.
- When? 6 May 2020, 19:30 – 21:30
- Where? BlueCity Lab, Maasboulevard 100, Rotterdam
- Entrance is €6,50, tickets can be purchased here.